Are you planning to take the PMDC MDCAT 2023 exam to get admission in a medical or dental college? If yes, then you should know that the exam date has been changed. The new date for MDCAT 2023 is September 10, 2023. This decision was made by the Federal Government after consulting with the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) and other stakeholders.
Why was the MDCAT 2023 date changed?
The MDCAT 2023 date was changed because of some issues that happened in May 2023. Some exams were canceled due to political unrest in the country. This caused a lot of confusion and frustration among students and parents. Many students received grades that did not match their expectations or performance. They demanded that PMDC should reschedule the canceled exams or review their grades.
How to register for MDCAT 2023?
If you want to register for MDCAT 2023, you can do it online or by visiting your nearest university campus. The registration fee is Rs. 6,000/- for local venues and 100 USD Dollar for international venues. The registration last date is July 31, 2023.
You can also make changes in your registration details, such as venue, admitting university, or any other error. This option will be open for 48 hours from August 6 to August 7, 2023. You can make the changes online or by visiting your university campus.
Where to take MDCAT 2023?
You can take MDCAT 2023 at any of the following venues:
- Bolan University of Medical Quetta, (Baluchistan)
- Jinnah Sindh Medical University (Sindh)
- Khyber Medical University (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- University of Health Sciences, Lahore (Punjab)
- AJK (SZAMBU)
- International Venues (SZAMBU)
- Federal and Gilgit (SZAMBU )
- The paper-based exam will be held simultaneously at all centers / venues.
What is the syllabus and passing criteria for MDCAT 2023?
The syllabus for MDCAT 2023 is based on the current syllabus of any board in Pakistan. It covers 4 subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Physics and English. The exam will also include some questions on logical reasoning.
The exam will consist of 200 MCQs with no negative marking. The duration of the exam will be 3.5 hours. The passing criteria for MDCAT 2023 are as follows:
The MDCAT result will be valid for three years from the date of the exam. The result will also be valid for the entire country.
How to request for re-evaluation or re-assessment of grades?
If you think that your grades are wrong or unfair, you can request for re-evaluation or re-assessment of your grades. You have to contact your school and pay 20 percent of the fee. Your school will pay the rest 80 percent of the fee. If your grades change after re-evaluation or re-assessment, you will get your money back.
How to get admission in a medical or dental college?
If you pass the MDCAT exam with the required percentage, you can apply for admission in a medical or dental college of your choice. The Ministry of Education will talk to the universities and ask them to be flexible with the admissions. The Ministry will also coordinate with the provincial governments and do the same thing.
How to complain or ask questions about MDCAT 2023?
If you have any complaints or questions about MDCAT 2023, you can contact the Private Institution Education Regulatory Authority (PIERA) under the Ministry of Education. They will pay attention to your concerns and work on finding a solution.